Galneda

127 Game Reviews

24 w/ Responses

2 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

OMG I love Red Dwarf!

I love the little preloader frog, and I absolutely loved the show, but it should probably be named somewhere along the lines of "Starbug Asteroid Run" seeing as how it really doesn't incorporate anything else about Red Dwarf...regardless, I like the unique features you decided to incorporate to an otherwise familiar gameplay; For instance putting a sort of a "Lunar Lander" drag down to the bottom of the screen, and also incorporating fuel into one of the many elements for the player.

I believe, though, you could've had the opportunity to really go all-out with a game of this concept, but all-in-all, the music was appropriate, had sound effects when needed, and it's generally a pretty good timekiller for a little while, but ultimately there's not a whole lot of replay value, or incentive to continually reach a higher score...it just needs more, that's all.

On an aside, you also misspelled "Travel" "Can" and "Arrows" on the Instruction page, try and see if you can edit that without having to resubmit.

All-in-all though, good score! Thanks again!

-Phobotech-

How ironic would it be if this were blammed?

Lol, nah, this is a very informative flash for people starting off...namely me...haven't a clue how to animate yet, but I'll definitely use this a reference before I submit my first... It did it's job well by showing comprehensive visual aids to the audience, including interactive examples...that being said, about the only thing I would change is to mix it up a little from the black and white color-less theme and maybe throw in some ambience, or background music, audible representation.

I gave you 8 stars and I voted 5, Good job, and thanks for the pointers! I'm sure many others will thank you later down the line!

-Phobotech0

Cool! Snake with a twist!

Very entertaining! Only wish there was some audible stimulation (sfx, bg music) but all in all, good job! You're two weeks payed off pretty damn well for your first flash game. Mad props! Voted 5.

-Phobotech-

Much better, considering you can play this one.

My only personal problems with it is, once again, it still looks pretty plain, what with the dull grey background and what not...it just simply doesn't look interesting.

The colorful bars to the right of the Tetris game now make sense to me, but it still needs something more...

For one, I'd like to think the fast-drop drop rate was a little faster (if you could follow that, lol) and the phasing animation for the compelted bar is a little too slow as well...but hey, you made a working game! *applause*

Still keep at it! You can do better!

Absolutely Brilliant!

Most original gameplay I've ever seen! Fantastic concept, phenomenal replayability, and if anything else, an interesting way to better understand how an equalizer works. I'm stunned and impressed with this fantastic piece, you're an inspiration and a savior! Great job man! We want more!

-Phobotech-

Straight-tens, voting 5; Fantastic craftsmanship!

I believe others before you have wanted to pay tribute/immortalize the NG celebrity in a fun, almost "Super Smash Bros." meets "Mortal Kombat" kinda style, only to have failed in the light of lack of creativity, and slip-shod effort.

THIS PIECE, however, brings an immersive, interesting and (most importantly) new and fresh take on popular, familiar characters without losing their original charm and personality. All were given justice to their own credit (even nifty links to what made them famous for noobs who just look with puzzlement.), I thought. Each ending appropriate, and gave the player an initiative to dive deeper into the game, unlocking with their "Grounds Gold" and what-not.

The artwork was impressive as you get to watch your fighter and opponent walk, jump, crouch, and duke it out on each other. At times, I forgot I was even playing a flash game; and I was oddly reminded of the likes of the craftsmanship of proffessionally made fighting games like Guilty Gear.

The villains were all portrayed differently from the perspectives of character to character. The two exceptions being the menacing Piconjo, and Convict. Piconjo was portrayed brilliantly as the menacing Bizzarroesque counterpart to Pico, wherine I think this game shall have a lasting influence on his persona for quite some time.

The items and powerups spiced up the game tremendously to draw away from incessant strong or weak button-mashing; something that previous attempts at a similar game design have ignored, and ultimately fouled their own game. Air and ducking combo's helped vary the fray at your disposal, and also made the opponent that much more unpredictable...therefore, more challenging. :)

All in all, I loved it immensely. It probably will never leave the top 50, and will be enjoyed by the recirculating NGer's for years to come. Excellent work!

-Phobotech

NegativeONE responds:

Thanks for the detailed review. Just wanted to let you know I read it so you didn't waste all that typing, heh.

It was okay.

--Graphics: I don't agree with stick flashes much. Although the animation was, in fact, smooth, their motions seemed a tad unnatural. Not to mention the limitations that you would have on a game with this style and stick figuires; Say your objective was to cripple a target and you had to shoot his leg so that police could catch up to him. Or shoot a gun out of hostage taker's hand...As much as I like this game, stick flashes dont impress me in the slightest anymore.
--Style: I liked the game itself, although I wish it were longer and more challenging, I understand there's only so much you can put into one flash. Plus, you had several mis-spellings in there; you may want to run a spell-checker through it.
--Sound: Sound was great! Appropriate bg music, crisp sound effects, and moderate button sounds.
--Violence: It seemed a bit limited on that as well. Yes, you can shoot their heads, and blood does come out, it's just there are so many missed-out possibilites, along with the forementioned leg shooting idea, say you had a 50 calibur rifle and you were splitting people in half with that shit, y'know? Or explosive gas-canisters or something...lots of creative opportunities.
--Interactivity: Unique menu scheme, albeit...but not much else to interact with: It's pretty much just read about which stick figuire you have to shoot (or don't) point, and click the head of the right one at the right time, and move on to the next one.
--Humor: I would've even given props if it were funny to compensate for the lack of artistic animation and durable interactivity, but alas...that's apparently up to the other flash authors of NG.

Overall: I'll give you a 5. Decent game, but I wouldn't pay anything for it.

Interesting effect...

I liked the song too, just wish there was more to do in this. Anyway, I'm voting 3, Peace Out.

Phobos Technology, Phobotech.

My poor, unfortunate clicky finger...

Arrgh! Addicting as hell, liked the style of the game...I was a little pissed though because when I finally got enough for the Dragon, I felt ripped-off because I had to actually physically tell it to shoot somewhere...ARRGH! I have hordes of armies coming after me, and I couldn't even figuire out how to get the dragon to just so much as shoot randomly into them! I'm like "AIM FOR THE GODDAMN STICK FIGUIRES!!! NOOES!!!"

All in all, another good game, dude. Voting 5.

Phobos Techology, Phobotech.

Made it to the black-hole dude...

Damn Tom, this flash game is helluvaddictive...I love it! Voting 5!

Say, d'you think that a Captain Low-Rez game is a possible console title?

-Phobos Technology, Phobotech.

-This is Phobotech!-
I've done animatics for Cyanide & Happiness, Purgatony, and WWE Storytime! I'm also a professional voice actor that's appeared in One Piece, SMITE, C&H, and The Stockholms!
Check out my sci-fi novel, Umbra's Legion on Amazon Kindle!

Geoff Galneda @Galneda